Traslations are a key point for KLog as they bring new users that don’t feel confortable with English.
Today KLog has been translated to Catalan, Croatian, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish and Spanish.
If you know how to read English and are a native speaker of another language, please help KLog to be multilingual!
Translating KLog into your own language is very easy and can be done in a few steps:
- Contact us to avoid duplicate work.
- You can download the translation files from:
- Translate the file you selected:
- Use QT Linguist if you selected klog_template.ts (or the one corresponding to your language)
- Use something like Poedit if you selected klog.pot (or the one corresponding to your language)
- Both files can be translated with a simple text editor… but this is not recomended.
- Send us the translated file and we will update the repository.
You can also review the current translation files following the same process as above but with the file you want to review. If you find any error or you have a sugestion, please contact the appropriate translator in the Contribute page.
Joining the development mailing list may be a good idea.