KLog is a multiplatform free hamradio logger, the only one able to run in Linux, Windows and macOS!
KLog is providing QSO management, useful QSL management DX-Cluster client, DXCC management, ClubLog integration, DX-Marathon support and much more!
KLog is today already in several languages: Catalan, Croatian, Danish, English, Finish, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
You can also see some Screenshots of KLog to see what it looks like.
You can write your own review on the KLog eHam review page
If you want to help us, please visit the Contribute page and find your way to improve KLog!
A new release has arrived!
There is just one new feature and Kosovo, that has been added (as it was added by the ARRL to the DXCC list) but there are many bugfixes that improves the quality of KLog.
Test the new feature and doubleclick on the entity name in the DXCC widget, you will see the QSOs that are supporting the DXCC status for that entity. I think it is interesting to follow up your DXCC!
Check the Changelog summary to see the details:
April – 0.9.3
- Double clicking on DXCC Widget name of the Entity will show the QSO is providing that status on the Search widget.
- Added DXCC support for Kosovo.
- Bugfix: Default band & mode are now defined as the most used band and mode.
- Bugfix: TX frequency was not saved.
- Bugfix: In the dxcc status widget, some countries were showing the UN flag unappropriately.
- Bugfix: When updating the CTY file, query errors were shown on world.readCTYCSV function.
- Bugfix: When editing the QRZ, the cursor position was not properly maintained.
- Bugfix: Fixed the flags of several DXCC entities that were not correctly shown.
- Bugfix: DXCC Status widget was not listing all the DX entities.
- Bugfix: Modes & Bands where not always properly updated from the Setup.
- Bugfix: Adding new QSO that implies a DXCC or WAZ status already worked failed.
- Bugfix: Updating the WAZ status was not always possible due to a incorrect DB query.
- Updated translations: Danish (TNX Joe), Spanish (EA4TV).
Posted in Bug, KLog, Release
Tagged Bug, KLog
I have released a new release ONLY for Windows.
Just for those of you that are curious, in the previous package the file containing the libraries to manage the database was missing and it was not possible to connect to the DB.
Again, it is just a Windows installer release and you can find it here:
If you can’t download the file, please give some time to the mirrors to update 🙂
Posted in KLog, Windows
Tagged Bug, KLog, Window
Just a few hours after releasing 0.9.2.8 I discovered one bug and received a bug reportabout another one… I also received two more KLog translation files (Catalan & Finnish) so I though it was time for a quick release.
This is the changelog for this release:
January – 0.9.2.9
– Bugfix: Adding new QSO that implies a DXCC or WAZ status already worked failed.
– Bugfix: Modes where not properly added from the setup (TNX KB2YSI).
– UI Change: Freq in the Satellite tab is now not deleted when a new QSO is added.
– Updated translation: Catalan by Josep (Thank you!)
– New translation: Finnish by Kristjan (Thank you!)
Today is the day to release KLog 0.9.2.8!
This is a release including different topics like:
- a Satellite page update that will show the uplink and downlink automatically and has all the main data used in satellite communications in the same box.
- Two new languages, Polish and Danish that will bring new users to KLog.
- Several optimizations to the code that will make KLog to run a faster.
Read the Changelog to see the changes of this version:
January – 0.9.2.8
– Important Optimization on KLog speed on start and general use.
– New satellite (AO-91) added.
– Added ALL the ADIF 3.0.7 fields (except the _INTL ones).
– New feature: New menus to export ADIF files for LoTW and manage LoTW status.
– GUI: Implemented an error reporting for the users for main errors
– GUI: When a satellite is selected the main bands are automatically proposed.
– GUI: QSO band is now linked to the uplink & downlink bands in the satellite tab.
– Bugfix: Some ADIF fields were not properly imported/exported.
– Bugfix: When searching calls like 1A0XX, 2E0XX, … no results were found but there are with 3D0XXX
– Bugfix: If an empty log was selected on config file, on next KLog start KLog crashed.
– Bugfix: Doubleclicking on the log to edit was sometimes causing the band/mode data to be shown as a number instead of the human readable name.
– Bugfix: Windows version did not detected the DB movement correctly.
– New translation: Polish by LA7RRA (Thank you!).
– New translation: Danish by Joe (Thank you!).
– Updated translations: Croatian (TNX M0NKC), Italian (TNX IU5HIU), Spanish (EA4TV)
– Several internal updates.
Thank you to the contributors of this version: LA7RRA, Joe, M0NKC and IU5HIU!
Posted in KLog, Release
KLog is also speaking Danish.
With the New Year start, Joe has completed the Danish translation.
As Joe is not a hamradio operator, it may be good to have a Danish speaker to give a look to KLog, once the translation is finished to see if our ham-speak is as Danish hams would love 🙂
Thank you Joe!
Posted in KLog
Tagged KLog, Translation
Piotr, LA7RRA has translated KLog into Polish.
The new language will be available fot the Polish KLog users since KLog 0.9.2.8 in a few days.
Thank you so much Piotr!
If you want to translate KLog into your language, visit our Translations page.
Posted in KLog
Tagged KLog, Translation
Last version 0.9.2.7 contains some bugs…
- One bug that affects only to the Windows version that makes the movement of the DB fails and;
- One bug that makes doubleclick on the log window to show numbers instead of band and mode.
Both bugs have been fixed in the today’s commit so if you feel brave you can download and compile your own KLog.
No data is lost due to these bugs, however my recommendation is to export your logs frequently, and always before an update, to ADIF to be able to recover them if there is a problem.
There are some other tasks to be done before 0.9.2.8… so it may take a while before the next release.
KLog 0.9.2.7 has just been released!
There are many things that has been added to KLog in this new release but the main ones are the following:
The last feature allows you to move the KLog DB to any path in your system so you can move it, for example, to a Dropbox folder. That will allow you to backup your log automagically and also to use the same DB from different computers… but be sure to use the same KLog version in all your computers.
You will also be able to select FT8 as a new mode, Aircraft Scatter as propagation mode and, if you live in the US, the new band limits on 2190M.
We have also worked on some optimizations in the backend, and so on.
A good practice before updating KLog and any other software is to backup up your data so my recommendation is to export all your logs into ADIF files and then install the new KLog version. In the first execution KLog will update the database.
The contributors to this release are:
- JL3OXR for the Japanese translation
- JustinBRye for the English review.
- Simona, IU5HIU for the Italian translation.
Thank you all!
You can find the KLog executables from the KLog download page.
That has been all!
Enjoy KLog and report any bug or suggestion you find!
Posted in KLog, Release
We must thank Simona, IU5HIU for joining the KLog translation team and creating the Italian translation.
KLog will be supporting Italian since the next release 0.9.2.7 that will be available in a few days.
Thank you Simona!
If you want to translate KLog into your language, visit our Translations page